Zeke, a 15 Year Old Diabetic Dog

Zeke, a 15 Year Old Diabetic Dog
Zeke is believed to be a Puggle

Sources for Caninsulin

With the Vetsulin Critical Need program being cancelled I am in search of I am in search of sources for Caninsulin.  Caninsulin is the exact same medication as Vetsulin and is manufactured by Intervet, the company that makes Vetsulin.     I will add to this post as I find additional sources for purchasing Caninsulin.   So far I have identified these online pharmacies who sell Caninsulin:

777Canadian Pharmacy - I have ordered from them in the pastand they were reliable.  But they have hiked their prices way up.  I prefer not to do business with companies who take advantage of situations like this so unless I am desperate I will not order from them.

Cross Border Pet Pharmacy (Canada)  -  They are limiting you to a one month supply so I ordered 3 bottles which will last me a little longer than a month.  The 10ml bottles are $23.67 each CDN, much less than the $42 I pay through the CNP. 

Update 2/18/2010 - John from the Cross Border Pet Pharmacy called me today to tell me that my order of Caninsulin will be shipped on Monday but he wanted to alert me that his supply of the Caninsulin is being limited by the manufacturer.  He can fill my current order  but after that the supply situation is not known.  I really appreciated him calling and their great customer service.  I will definitely order from them again if they continue to be able to supply the Caninsulin.

Update 2/24/2010 - my order that was shipped on Monday 2/21 arrived today.  It was shipped from Canada using a service called EMS which is basically International Express Mail through the post office.   The total cost for 3 bottles was just under $100 which included a $27 shipping charge. 

I am investigating two UK pharmacies who list Caninsulin on their website.  In the UK Caninsulin requires a prescription,.  I have sent an e-mail asking if the UK pharmacies ship to the USA and about the shipping charges.  Please check back for an update on this.


http://www.vetmedsonline.co.uk/search?jssCart=703fb98de34e52df9110c004fb703599

http://www.vetmedsplus.co.uk/mm5/merchant.mvc

Update 2/17/2011 - Vet Meds Plus responded that they will not ship to the USA.

At this point I do not know if Caninsulin and Vetsulin are made at the same factory.  The Cross Border Pet Pharmacy limited my order to a one month supply and made a mention of having availability until July and not knowing if another batch would be made. 

Please leave me comments below if you have identified some alternate sources for Caninsulin.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this information. It's nice to know there are others out there taking the same steps. I have done all of the above, and I just received a shipment from 77. They are not taking any new orders either. I talked to Intervet in Canada. She said they are not backordered as of now, but she is unsure when they are getting more stock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 77 pharmacy adivsed that they currently don't have a stock and are looking for a new supplier. I just got off the phone with them, no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has anyone found a site that we can order Caninsulin from? I have been searching with no luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, sorry for the delayed reply here. I gave up on finding Caninsulin and transitioned my dog to NPH. He is doing fine on it and only wish we would have switched him sooner. Hopefully you found a suitable alternative and your dog is doing well.

      Delete
  4. Why is it so hard to find? the vets get it from somewhere so is it just a conspiracy to cut off cheap sources.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Blog.you can get more information about this blog from..pet pharmacy canada

    ReplyDelete